Monday, November 25, 2013

Senator HAGAN

I listened to her speak today in Raleigh. Among other things, she said her four favorite words are "Made in North Carolina". Well, that may be, but I have a lot of problems with that at least as the idea is presented today. What a hodgepodge of stuff we produce! Look around any store selling anything and point out the NC products. Try it; it's depressing. Are we really proud of all this? I think we are the second biggest growers of turkeys, but I've never noticed an NC label on any bird for sale. Why? But what really got me upset was her saying that in negotiations on a Pacific Rim trade zone, she is fighting to be sure that North Carolina tobacco farmers are not injured by any agreement. How can we possibly square helping the rest of the world when we are sending them a product "Made in North Carolina" that makes people addicts and stands a pretty good chance of killing them?

No comments: