Friday, October 29, 2010

"Divided We Fail" - NYTimes.com

I guess I share KRUGMAN's concern. Surely, I hope the many predicted, or even assumed , Republican victories don't happen. But in thinking about this and how much negative feeling I have toward many Republican leaders, I realize that this is the wrong place to which to direct these feelings. Instead, we all ought to be seeking out friends, neighbors, family, others who support these people and figure out better ways to engage in some good old-fashioned conversation. It's not the Republican leaders who will deserve the blame, at least in the first instance; it is the people who elect them, and if each of us cannot convince at least one person to consider changing some votes, well, we'll get what we've earned next week.

No comments: