Sunday, October 03, 2010

"The Secret Sponsors" - NYTimes.com

It seems to me that this is working a lot better than some may have feared.

The problem is that the "working better" means that we are letting people make decisions about what to believe and which advice to follow.

That's pretty revolutionary, don't you think?

I make it a personal practice either to ignore or never take on face value any such representation from people who are not disclosed, whether it be an expensive message on television or a gratuitous anonymous posting anywhere in the web.

I choose only to spend time considering the varied views of people who idenitify themselves and their relationship to the issue addressed.

Is that too much to expect of fellow Americans?

I hope not. It is also much more consistent with our system of freedom of expression than are arbitrary spending limits, in my view.

No comments: