Friday, May 07, 2010

"Ask Facebook Your Privacy Questions" - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

Note that my Facebook problem wound up as the first comment in the attached..... Already, I have gotten one e-mail from someone offering a posisble solution. I'll be anxious to see what else comes my way!
What's especially interesting in looking at the more than 200 comments that have been added to the New York Times post, is how many of the people who choose to comment do so with pseudonyms of one sort or another. I quickly ran through the first 100, and could not fnd more than 14 people who appear to be using their normal names, as I did. One has to wonder a) why these people prefer to live a makebelieve life and b) how representative they are of normal people who tend to introduce themselves as Jane SMITH instead of something like Pineapple Lady.

No comments: