Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Locked out of Facebook!

I have had a very modest Facebook page for quite a while, althought I have not looked at it often. Some weeks ago, I decided that I would access it and adjust a few of the contents, as I think most of us do on occasion. For some reason, I either did not have my password with me, or the one that I thought was right would not work. So I asked for a reminder.

Facebook says that it will send an e-mail with a new password and/or instructions on how to deal with the missing password issue - probably by coming up with a new one. That was fine by me, as most good sites seem to operate like that.

BUT, I never got the e-mail. Not in spam, nowhere.

So I tried again, and again. I bet I have tried a dozen times and no e-mail has arrived, even tho Facebook says that it is sending the message to the correct e-mail address.

So I poked around and found a place where I could report this to Facebook. I have done that a half-dozen times now and no response.

So, here is my page but I cannot change anything on it. Facebook will not let me set up another page at this e-mail address. I don't seem to be able to delete my present "account". They won't respond to me and provide no help desk or number.

For an era where we are to be so interconnected and functioning so efficiently, it is notable if not disconcerting, that a company rolls along as they do casting aside those who run into difficulties as I have. We are simply the cost of doing business, and I intend to let as many people I know who use Facebook, especially as advertisers, know of this and ask for their support in either getting Facebook to pay attention or in going elsewhere with their "eyeballs" and wallets.

No comments: