Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Following the Aid Money to Haiti" - CBS Evening News - CBS News

This is a very interesting and I think, informative, piece. There are two things that bother me, however, about the story.
The first is that no other news organization seems to have dug into this story until now.
The second is that as I write this, more than 12 hours after the CBS report aired, I find no other news organization having mentioned it. This happens all of the time, and I find it very irritating. It likely stems from a sense of competition and a time-worn belief that all television "news" is to be questioned first and relied upon second. That may be true, but there are only several phone calls necessary to confirm some of the core elements of this report and it complelely befuddles me to understand why that has not already happened.

No comments: